Monday, February 19, 2007

Poulet en spirales, tomates sechees / Chicken spirals with sun dried tomatoes


Chicken is one of my favorite meats. I like it roasted, with cheese crumbs, with a sauce, sautéed and grilled. When I want to have a salad for lunch, I like to add some thin slices of chicken marinated in soy sauce. That way I have a complete lunch in one single plate. But tired of always adding only slices of chicken to my salad, I decided to look for a new way to present my chicken. This is how this recipe was born: it was the end of the week, and my fridge wasn’t feeling good…It was nearly empty. The only things left were: some parsley, romaine salad, butter, orange preserve, one carrot, 2 eggs, scallions, parmesan cheese, a jar of sun dried tomatoes in olive oil, milk and of course water. I had to make in practice what we called: " l’art d’accommoder les restes" (The art of using up leftovers).

Recipe:
-2 chicken breasts pounded thinly
-2 scallions diced
-2tbsp sun dried tomatoes, drained and finely chopped
-1 tbsp finely-chopped parsley
-Salt, pepper
-1tbsp olive oil

Season the meat with salt and pepper and set aside. Mix the rest of the ingredients together. Spread the mixture on each chicken breast and roll it until you have a sausage shape. Seal it tightly with toothpicks and sauté the chicken breast in olive oil.
Slice them and serve with a green salad and shaved parmesan cheese on top.




In francais please:
-2 blancs de poulet aplati finement
- 2 oignons tendres haches
-2 c.s tomates sechees
-1 c.s de persil finement hache
-Sel, poivre
-1 c.s d’huile d’olive

Assaisonner les blancs et mettre de cote. Melanger le reste des ingredients ensemble.
Etales le mélange sur les blances de pouler et rouler en forme de cigares. Fermer avec des cure-dents et faites sauter dans l’huile d’olive.
Couper en tranche et server avec une salade verte et du parmesan par-dessus.

0 comments: